DAAS Value Statement
Charitable Objects: The Charity’s Objects, as stated in the Constitution of DAAS are:
- To promote the prevention and identification of alcohol misuse problems;
- To assist those people in Derbyshire with those and related problems;
- To advance education and awareness relating to alcohol misuse. Objectives: DAAS delivers its charitable aims through 6 key business objectives. These are:
- To reduce alcohol related harm throughout Derbyshire by providing open access to alcohol treatment services
- To improve the lives of children and families affected by alcohol misuse
- To reduce alcohol related crime and offending(to include domestic violence)
- To raise awareness and train health care professionals in alcohol knowledge and Brief Interventions
- To widely promote the safe drinking message
- To ensure a robust management function to support the service to achieve our key aims.
Mission Statement : DAAS mission statement is:
“To promote positive change throughout Derbyshire to anyone adversely affected by alcohol use, including the families, relatives and friends of problem drinkers”
Values: The Service subscribes to an ethos as outlined within the BACP Ethical framework for Good Practice in counselling and psychotherapy and uses this to influence clinical policy, client contact and to ensure that staff within the Service subscribe to the values contained within the framework.
DAAS values are:
- We treat others at all times with dignity and respect and promote a non-judgmental attitude in the work we undertake and the relationships we form;
- We are inclusive in all areas of our service delivery and strive to promote equality in all areas of our service provision;
- We seek to ensure that we always place our clients at the heart of what we do and what we are trying to achieve;
- We believe that people are fundamentally good and do have the capacity for personal growth and development. We seek, therefore, to empower others as central to our ethos, through client work, training and within the professional contacts we make, and the meetings we attend;
- We strive to ensure that the services we provide for people meet their individual needs;
- We put measures in place to ensure that the services we provide for clients and other professionals are professional, of a high quality and yet are friendly and accessible;
- We promote an ethos of continuous learning and development and ensure that we are open to new ideas and ways to improve the services we provide;
- We ensure that we are an equal opportunity employer, invest in our work force and can demonstrate our appreciation of the contribution they make ( IIP);
- We believe we can help to make a difference, we are proud of what we contribute, the outcomes we achieve and the ways in which we can evidence this.
Our focus is not on growth or business acquisition but to consolidate our service delivery to best meet the needs of our client base and our funders. We will not compromise our charitable aims, our values and ethos for financial gain and will deliver our services with integrity, diligence and transparency.