Who are we?
STAND TO is an alcohol service dedicated to Derbyshire’s Ex-Forces community. We cover the whole of Derbyshire (with the exception of Derby City).
At STAND TO our dedicated, experienced and highly trained staff, volunteers and peer mentors (most of whom themselves are ex- forces), have a particular awareness of the issues veterans and their families may experience.
We acknowledge, understand and appreciate the sacrifices that ex-forces personnel and their families have made.
We also understand some of the challenges individuals may face in admitting alcohol is a problem and the conflict often felt in asking for support
What can you expect?
STAND TO is a free, confidential alcohol support service offering innovative and evidence based individual, long term support to those who need it across Derbyshire. This can include:
- Assessments at suitable locations in your area
- Auricular Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy and Mindfulness are also available in some areas.
- 1-2-1 individual support including:
- Motivational Interviewing, Substance Misuse Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Relapse Prevention, Harm Reduction, Information and Education and longer term counselling.
We can also offer family and group support where required and also make direct onward referrals for appropriate individual family members to the RAFT (Relatives and Friends Together) service.
Where necessary, referrals can be made to specialist services including:
- Psychotherapy for a range of Mental Health Issues, including PTSD, Depression and Anxiety
- Housing and Welfare Services
- Benefits and Employment advice services
- Residential Rehabilitation
- Alcohol Detoxification
- Relationship Services
- Bereavement Services
- Other appropriate recovery support throughout Derbyshire (www.routestorecovery.derbyshire.co.uk)
The service we provide at STAND TO is confidential. This means that we do not give out information about the people we see without their knowledge and consent. However, in some circumstances we do have to share information without their permission. For example, if we know that a child or a vulnerable person is at immediate risk or if we know that a law is being broken we are bound to share this information with the appropriate services. If you have concerns about this, please make contact and speak to one of our team.
How do I refer?
We always encourage self-referrals; however we also accept referrals from other professional services and agencies.
To make a referral please contact the Single Point of Contact for Derbyshire Alcohol Services on 01246 206 514 and they will be happy to take your details. From there a STAND TO worker will be in touch as soon as possible
“Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for your support”
“I would like to thank you for all of your help, advice and guidance. I owe you a debt of gratitude”