Where and When
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This one day course is an opportunity for Derbyshire Recovery Partnership to share with you many of the practices developed by its workforce when working with families. It focuses on adult members of families, where their loved ones are using drugs or alcohol and sometimes both. It is also an opportunity to share experiences and good practice with other professionals working with families.
The aim of this course is to provide those working with families to develop skills in order to effectively intervene where drug and/or alcohol misuse is problematic.
By the end of the training learners will:
- Be able to explore and practice a range of tools and techniques that are used by the DRP workforce when working with families
- Be to assess the severity of drug and alcohol problems
- Recognise the substantial impact of drugs and alcohol use on families
- Understand how drug and alcohol use within families may cause risk to other family members including children
- To have increased confidence to practice family focused interventions
*Please note: It is a requirement of attending this course that you have completed either the Alcohol Awareness & Brief Interventions or the Substance Misuse 1 course. Please ensure you have completed either course first before booking